Sunday, November 1, 2009

Healing Mercy

Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed. (Psalms 6:2 KJV)

Actually, it feels more a muscle ache than bones – though with the chilling nights, several bones do ache a bit. It’s the cough that really vexes!

I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; (Psalms 41:4a KJV)

Many times Jesus reached out to heal someone, And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. (Matthew 8:7 KJV)

Oh, to have the faith of the centurion: The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. (Matthew 8:8 KJV)

Or the faith of the woman who reached out to touch Him: And Jesus said, Who touched me? When all denied, Peter and they that were with him said, Master, the multitude throng thee and press thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? (Luke 8:45 KJV)

He knows when we come to Him now in prayer just as He was touched so long ago. But we must go further than acknowledging our needs.

Let’s go back to those Psalms and complete the thought around them:

O LORD, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. (Psalms 6:1 KJV)

…for I have sinned against thee. (Psalms 41:4 KJV)


While I do not believe my illness is God-caused, I do realize that my own sinfulness separates me from God’s fellowship. Replacing the sin-filled gap with faith is my responsibility. God knows what I have – and have not – done. Seeking His will is where I need to be. Healing our souls is of greater importance than our bodies.

There will come a time when my body cannot be healed. This is part of God’s plan. My soul have I placed in His hands.

For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. (2 Timothy 1:12 KJV)

Yes, I have faith -- the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1 KJV)

Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)