Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Lighting Paths

There is a cyan lighted digital clock on my stove and another similar in size on my microwave, just a couple of feet to the left. They seldom show the exact same moment. The stove has a backup system and when our electricity has a “glitch” it doesn’t go off, the microwave does. I usually get at lest a half a minute, if not more, off kilter when resetting.

“Glitch” is what our electric co-op calls it when we lose electricity for just a few seconds. Long enough to shut down anything electric, but not long enough for them to call it an “outage.” “Outages” count when meeting standards, usually last hours (if not days.) Those are big deals, while “glitches” are not.

I usually get up in the dark, an hour or so before Beloved Husband. I enjoy that time – usually spent just like this, Bible reading and writing thoughts. I don’t turn on the light in the bedroom. I can see directly into the kitchen. If I keep those two clock lights in the center of my field of vision, I’ve learned that I will clear both walls and doors in the short hallway as I leave the bedroom.

It works!

God exists and provides our light. From the first day: And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. (Genesis 1:3 KJV)

God led Israel out of Egypt with a pillar of light: And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night: (Exodus 13:21 KJV)

The Psalmist tells us that God’s Word provides light: The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalms 27:1 KJV)

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. (Psalms 119:105 KJV)

O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. (Psalms 43:3 KJV)

There are hundreds of such references in the Bible. The most important one tells that God exists. The second most important is that He provides light.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4 KJV)

The saddest thing follows those beautiful life verses:

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. (John 1:5 KJV)

There was a man sent from God to bear witness to this light of the world:

The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. (John 1:7-9 KJV)

Do you allow Him to light up your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)