Sunday, September 13, 2009

Praise Him

Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of Creation
Oh my soul, praise Him for He is thy help and salvation.

Praise Him, Praise Him, Jesus our Blessed Redeemer
Hail, all earth, His wonderful love proclaim.

Praise the Lord, ye heavens adore Him

Sing praises, sing praises, sing praises to our King.


What a way to start the day!! Beautiful hymns running through my mind, echoing the words from 132 verses of Psalms:

I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high. (Psalms 7:17 KJV)

Praise ye the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul. While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being. (Psalms 146:1-2 KJV)

Again and again we are given reason to praise Him, ending with one of my favorites:

Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.
Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.
Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.
(Psalms 150:1-6 KJV)


I am now heading for our church to do so. May you have done so, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)