Monday, September 28, 2009

Consider My Ways

Remember the days of old, consider the years of many generations: ask thy father, and he will shew thee; thy elders, and they will tell thee. (Deuteronomy 32:7 KJV)

Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. (Isaiah 43:18 KJV)

Another example of the Bible giving conflicting verses? The Bible contradicting itself?

Nope – when you look at the context. When studied, these are different situations, different reasons for the statements. Just as a parent may tell a child “Yes, you may go” when the request is during daylight hours with known friends, and “No, you may not go” when it’s after midnight with people the parent has not met. Consider the situation.

There are many things we are asked to consider throughout the Bible.

Hearken unto this, O Job: stand still, and consider the wondrous works of God. (Job 37:14 KJV)

Any hydrologist would testify to the validity of this one, after working to divert a river:

Consider the work of God: for who can make that straight, which he hath made crooked? (Ecclesiastes 7:13 KJV)

Consider seriously He who calls us:

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; (Hebrews 3:1 KJV)

But, Haggai has one of the best messages. This tiny little book toward the end of the Old Testament, two short chapters. Two verses require the same thing of us today as then did more than two and a half centuries ago:

Now therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways. (Haggai 1:5 KJV)

Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways. (Haggai 1:7 KJV)


For just a few moments, please do so. Consider for what purpose we were formed.

This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise. (Isaiah 43:21 KJV)

Do we shew forth His praise? He says we are His witnesses:

Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. (Isaiah 43:10 KJV)

Consider what witness we give. He says He is our salvation:

I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. (Isaiah 43:11 KJV)

Consider His ways, and our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)