Friday, June 12, 2009

What God Has Done

God has done nothing to us, but miraculous things for us.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (Genesis 1:1 KJV)

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. (John 1:3 KJV)

With all of this creation, we are prone to ask: What is man, that thou art mindful of him? (Psalms 8:4 KJV)

God made each of us, as Job knew: Thine hands have made me and fashioned me together round about; -- even as Job believed: yet thou dost destroy me. (Job 10:8 KJV) The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life. (Job 33:4 KJV)

God has made people laugh because of His promises: And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me. (Genesis 21:6 KJV)

The thing I appreciate the most: Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: (2 Samuel 22:36a KJV)

We think we know His powers. Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died. (John 11:32 KJV)

He goes beyond the limit we put on His powers, and He’s always with us. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God? … And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. (John 11:40, 43 KJV)

When we think upon what God has done for us, Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip. (Hebrews 2:1 KJV)

Why? So we may say, with David, Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. (Psalms 23:6 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)