Thursday, June 11, 2009

Long, long day!!

It’s been a long, long day for an elderly grammy! We left the house just after 7:30 this morning, and we got home just before 7:30 tonight. Not quite a twelve-hour day, but close enough to tire me.

Especially after a couple of broken-sleep nights. Tuesday night I woke up at 3:30 to an odd noise – come to find out the cat was playing with a tiny tree frog in our living room and den. By the time I got him out the front door, I was fully awake and couldn’t go back to bed.

Then last night there was a round of thunderstorms. I told my friend Jilly, who had complained a bit about rain in England, that I would trade her day of rain for our couple of hours of tornado warnings, 40 to 60 mph wind and the torrential rain that would accompany the hail. It was all that, and a bit more.

Then again this morning, another round of lightening and rain. We thought it would quit – but it didn’t We had two wonderful cars at Vacation Bible School this morning – a drag racer and a remodeled Model A. Wow, were the kids impressed. Each child was to get a personal photo of them with the car of their choice. But, it was raining.

Thank goodness Beloved Husband and our three children had built a covered area between the sanctuary and the gym several years ago. Both cars were able to park their hoods under the pass through and I took 223 photos – took each one of the children twice so we’d be certain to have a good shot (eyes open and a smile), along with some group shots. Then I printed out 96 photos for each of the children to put in a frame for their craft project for their parents.

Of course, we lost internet connection last night, and when we got home tonight, it was back. I did have a Bible reading from this morning, but I thought a personal note explaining a change in schedule would be more appropriate.

Especially when my postings for the next two weeks will be sporadic. Next week we head to my Beloved Husband’s home town to celebrate with 30+ of his high school classmates their 50th anniversary. I think the hotel might have wi-fi, but it is a very small town. I still have to get their participation certificates into their frames!!!

Then the following weekend we’re going to Beloved’s brother and family – along with about fifty other family members – four generations deep and lots of cousins – for their first family reunion. I’ve been trying to lightscribe disks, but the software doesn’t recognize the lightscribe drive – while the utility does recognize it. Ah, well, I can always get a felt tip pen and write “2009 Reunion, open the README.rft first!” twenty-five times!!

July should be quieter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)