Thursday, May 7, 2009

Joy In My World

Something good can happen and the result is happiness. It’s rooted in the very word. We can make ourselves happy; we can get happy, we can feel happy. But that is not true of joy.

Joy is a fruit of the spirit.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, (Galatians 5:22 KJV)

The seeds of this joy come from God and is rooted in our relationship with Him in salvation:

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. (Psalms 51:10-12 KJV)

I mentioned my need for an attitude adjustment. The process is laid out for me in this verse. God cleanses my heart and renews the right spirit within me. He is the restorer of my joy.

The greatest joy was given to us in Bethlehem:

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. (Luke 2:10 KJV)

And it remains with us as the Comforter Christ promised:

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; (John 14:16 KJV)

Even angels express joy, it is not confined to us here on earth:

I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance. (Luke 15:7 KJV) Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth. (Luke 15:10 KJV)

Jesus also said:

These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. (John 15:11 KJV)

What He spoke to us is life changing – and provides great joy:

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. (John 15:7-10 KJV)

As John did … these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. (1 John 1:4 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)