Thursday, May 14, 2009

God's Word

With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. (Psalms 119:10-11 KJV)

I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways. I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word. (Psalms 119:15-16 KJV)

VAU. Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word. So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word. (Psalms 119:41-42 KJV)

ZAIN. Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me. (Psalms 119:49-50 KJV)

Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments. Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word. (Psalms 119:66-67 KJV)

All of the above are from just one Psalm. And, they are but few of the many references made to God’s word. They are among my favorites, each containing the same message in different wording – God’s word directs our lives.

Whether it is Micaiah: And Micaiah said, As the LORD liveth, what the LORD saith unto me, that will I speak. … Hear thou therefore the word of the LORD: (1 Kings 22:14, 19a KJV)

Or Elisha: Then Elisha said, Hear ye the word of the LORD; Thus saith the LORD, (2 Kings 7:1a KJV)

Or Isaiah: And Isaiah said unto Hezekiah, Hear the word of the LORD. (2 Kings 20:16 KJV)

Or any of the others -- God’s word was spoken, written and proven true. If we hear, read and follow, His word will become a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. (Psalms 119:105b KJV)

And why would we want that?

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; … So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (Romans 10:8, 17 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)