Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Redeemer

Yesterday I wrote of a father’s love. Job loved his children so much that he continually sacrificed for them, just in case one of them might have silently sinned. It would appear that none of them openly rebelled against God or their father:

And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually. (Job 1:5 KJV)

Yet they were taken from him.

We read Job’s first chapter, verse 14 And there came a messenger unto Job; 16 While he was yet speaking there came also another; 17 While he was yet speaking there came also another; 18 While he was yet speaking, there came also another.

Four messengers and Job was bereft of all material goods, and his ten children that he tried so hard to protect.

Yet he could respond to those who believed all of this was the result of Job’s own life that he had an eternal redeemer:

Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book! That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever! For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: (Job 19:23-26 KJV)

God doubled Job’s material wealth – and gave him ten children:

So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses. He had also seven sons and three daughters. (Job 42:12-13 KJV)

I believe, as Job, that yet in my flesh shall I see God and when I do, I shall see Job and his twenty children, for they were doubled, just in different places.

It’s a short book – take time to enjoy its lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)