Monday, April 6, 2009

Have A Blessed Day

I hear “Have a blessed day,” very often. I have done so, very often.

I have been so blessed. Beginning with God keeping His promise, to Abraham and to me:

And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together. (Genesis 22:8 KJV)

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. (John 1:29 KJV)

Jesus promised: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:15 KJV)

I do. Yet, at times I speak as Nicodemus: Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be? (John 3:9 KJV)

Or the father who said, … with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. (Mark 9:24b KJV)

I have come to know that: We love him, because he first loved us. (1 John 4:19 KJV)

John wrote of Him toward the very end of his life:

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (Revelation 1:5 KJV)

Yes, before I count the blessings of family, friends, neighbors, shelter, church and so much more each day, I know I will have a blessed day. May yours be so, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)