Saturday, March 14, 2009

On a personal note ...

My beloved husband enjoys sleeping a bit late in his retirement. I, on the other hand, am an early riser and cherish those few hours in the mornings to accomplish my devotionals and blogging my thoughts on them.

Come March 23rd, my time compresses into very little as I go back to work. Part time for ten to twelve weeks as part of the preparation of the 2010 Census. As many of you know, my maternal grandmother died less than a year after I was born. I had not seen anything in her handwriting – until researching the 1930 Census for Jackson county, Oklahoma. There, among all the others was her family, in her handwriting, her name signed above.

What fun to be preparing to do that again, eighty years later!

So, March 23rd I head for training. The next ten to twelve weeks it appears that my time for reflecting will be limited. Sorry, I won’t take away from my Bible reading.

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (Romans 10:17 KJV)

My faith is more important to me that being certain I blog each day.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (Hebrews 11:6 KJV)

While I know Him, and love Him, it is important to me that I diligently seek Him to learn what He has in store for me.

So, if you note an absence – or a repeat of a previous post – I request your patience. This is a great opportunity to get Beloved Husband’s hearing aids without destroying our budget nor our savings. Besides, I’ve always enjoyed working!

Thanks – in advance -- for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)