Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Father's Love

My father spoiled me. He loved me, and he showed it. I don’t remember, but I’ve been told that he kept his hand in the bassinet and I slept gripping his finger. He was there whenever I needed him and he attempted to protect me through perils I could not see. That’s a father’s role.

My great-granddaughter’s father is doing as well. He carried her all over the church Sunday morning, even taking her into the choir. Fortunately she slept through the majority of the service and her one little fuss ceased with a binky. There is no question that he loves her, and he wants the world to know it. He professes it with his life.

There’s a website that speaks of a father’s love. A friend sent me this link (http://www.fathersloveletter.com/), which can be shared with their permission:

At the close of their introduction to our heavenly Father, are these suggestions :

Steps To Help You In Your Walk With God
1. Get a Bible and read it each day.
2. Begin to cultivate "talking to God" in prayer each day.
3. Go to a church that believes and teaches the Bible.
4. Share your decision with a close friend

Want an example of our Father’s love?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. (John 3:16-17 KJV)

The very best gift He gives is Himself.

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? (Luke 11:13 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)