Thursday, February 5, 2009

Heeding God's Word

Heeding God’s word comes from reading and hearing His Word:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (John 1:1)

Why is this Word important to us? Because of His words telling us why we need to heed His words:

And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business? (Luke 2:49)

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. (John 8:58)

Those last two words are very important. Remember Moses? Remember his conversation with God? We must know someone to speak of them. Getting to know them means speaking to them. Moses spoke with God much the same way others do even today, “Why me?”

And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go (Exodus 3:11a)

A bit of conversation later, Moses was willing to listen to God, but still questioning. The children of Israel had been worshiping the singular God who made promises to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and his children. Yet, Moses needed to know who He was, and asked:

And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? (Exodus 3:13)

The answer is Christ’s:

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. (Exodus 3:14)

There’s no end.

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. (Revelation 1:8)

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: (Revelation 1:10-11a)

Why is this so important?

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. (Acts 4:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)