Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Virus II

Who thought up the phrase “twenty-four hour virus”? It’s been well over twenty-four hours and the bug is still bugging me. Certain bodily functions remain non-functioning – or at least functionally incorrect. It’s as though the body forgot that one plus one should always equal two.

You know – food goes into the mouth and moves through the body providing sustenance. If we’re lucky enough, the process includes some flavor. But with The Bug, flavor is not the same and the process is no longer orderly.

Breathing appears to be optional. There are times when it is possible, other times it is laborious. Other times, such as awakening, it is through a mouth covered in a combination of dust, crust and general yuck. How can one’s own body turn against itself!

Having done this every year or so, we’re a bit grateful for the memory vagaries that age brings. I would really dislike remembering all of this through the summer into next year, knowing it’s likely to repeat. I’d rather forget the headaches, scratchy throat, hacking coughs.

My dreams are fractured -- what little of them I remember. None of my recurring, either. The mind ceased its agility, too.

As I read through Genesis, I see the words but know I shall have to go back and re-read with focus and depth. Thank you for your patience as this virus and I do our own battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)