Thursday, January 29, 2009

About Me Today

But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows. (Luke 12:7)

Believing this does not lesson my concerns today. For the first time in seventeen years, I’m taking an employment test. Amazing how high school fears return!

It’s a timed test, too, adding a second level of stress. A sample test was provided, so I’ve had a taste of what it will be like. Beloved Husband set a kitchen time – the “tick, tick, tick” type, not the quiet one on the stove. Wow! There is an impact when noise is being made. I found my mind trying to count the beat. I feel for game show participants who have distracting music in the background.

This is not a pivotal job. It is not necessary in providing sustenance, but luxury. Additional income will provide ease in paying for new hearing aids for BH, true. But we could do that without taking on a new job. What it might offer would be a big luxury – an absolutely great vacation cruise.

So I’ll go in this morning and take the test. Nervous, yes – simply because I’m being tested and want to show my best. But not concerned about my abilities. They exist. I am good at what I do, and some of what I do excels. Makes me ordinary, and that’s a good thing.

Your, Dear Reader, will eventually read of the results. I don’t know when they will be made evident, but there will be a reflection in my blog. Either nothing will change, or I’ll have a bit less time to write.

Pins and needles time!! Which will it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)