Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Single Point of Contact

My RSS feeds fluctuate. While I’m surfing, I’ll follow a link, find an interesting blog and click that cute little Feed icon and confirm the setup. Each evening I’ll click the Feeds icon and see which ones have an update. Some have a daily update – some take a month between postings. The RSS icon served as a single place to check. That reminded me of a SPOC – a single point of contact.

SPOCs are people serving as a single point of contact within a company. Instead of being passed along from one person and/or department, starting with a SPOC allows a caller to explain once, then be placed in the right place for their needs.

Mankind has been provided a SPOC named Jesus:

Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. (John 6:29 KJV)

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. (Acts 4:12 KJV)

Once we have accepted God’s gift, we have this SPOC, this intercessor:

It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. (Romans 8:34 KJV)

That is followed by wonderfully beautiful confirmation that we will remain His, for …

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39 KJV)

Oh, I can cause a separation for a while. I can deliberately cease reading of Him. I can stop attending worship services. I can remove myself from the presence of those who love him. But I cannot get Him out of my life, out of my mind, out of my heart. Why should I?

If I choose Him once in my life, why would I erase Him? Because I do not like what He said? Because His rules interfere with my desires? Because others deride belief in Him? All of those are true. What He taught goes against the desires of myself. However, the return on the investment is overwhelmingly in my favor.

What have I lost in reading God’s word? A few moments in time. What have I lost in coming to Him in prayer. Another few moments. What might those moments be within my lifetime?

Eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)