Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Longing

(My ISP told me it was a lightning strike that took out their tower, keeping me off the Internet for several days. Missed you!)

All my life long I had panted … and the rest of those lyrics are a rejoicing in the thirst quenching, living water promised by our Lord. The psalmist wrote of this so long ago:

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God? (Psalms 42:1-2 KJV)

We’ve been given that living water that quenches the thirst in our souls:

Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. … But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:10, 14 KJV)

I have accepted that thirst quenching water, and am promised more.

And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. (Revelation 22:1 KJV)

Can you imagine walking along this river of life? Until coming to the Tree of Life:

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. (Revelation 22:2 KJV)

I have an appointment there with several people. Through eternity we’ll have plenty of opportunity to meet there with those who have an impacts upon our lives. How better to worship God with a multitude of the heavenly host praising

God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest (Luke 2:13b-14a KJV)

May we meet there?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your testimony, and for the reference to Clara Williams's lovely gospel song, "Satisfied." It is a reminder of the contentment and fulfilment found in Christ alone. Incidentally, today is the 151st anniversary of the birth of Mrs. Williams. To learn a bit more about this remarkable woman I invite you to check out my blog, Wordwise Hymns. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)