Friday, July 25, 2008

The Plan

I had a hand in saving someone’s life; their physical life. I was recently reminded of this as that lovely person celebrated another birthday.

I did nothing more than make some phone calls and ask a few questions. But those questions were the right ones at the right time to the right people. Because of that, birthday celebrations continue, along with a joyous celebration of God’s love.

I had no hand in saving that soul – that decision was made years before we met. The person came face to face with the question a jailer asked:

what must I do to be saved? (Acts 16:30b KJV)

Some of us never come to the point where we can accept the answer:

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (Acts 16:31 KJV)

Is there another way? Not according to the words of Jesus Christ:

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6 KJV)

But, why through this one man? Was there a plan?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. (John 3:16-17 KJV)

Please, check this out for yourself. Don’t believe me, look for God’s own answer.

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know,and testify that we have seen;and ye receive not our witness. (John 3:11 KJV)

Trust me, physical life does concern me. But the state of the souls God loves concerns me more, and remains in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)