Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Way

OK, so I read MSNBC for my national news. And, write about their articles. This one’s statement “My Way Isn’t The Only Way” may be a bit misleading. Some clarification on my personal views:

My church, my denomination, is not the only way to reach God through Jesus Christ. However, the Bible tells us that Jesus Christ is the only way to reach God. In fact, I just wrote a blog on that yesterday (which will now be posted as a followup):

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6 KJV)

Perhaps the most quoted verse from the Bible, For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16 KJV), bears the same witness.

Scan through many of my previous postings and you’ll find these and similar verses confirming my belief that Paul answered this question correctly: And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (Acts 16:30-31 KJV)

Be you Anglican, Baptist, Catholic, Dutch Reform, Episcopalian or any of the alphabet-stew of Christian denominations, as long as the above verses apply for you, we worship the same God, the same Savior.

If not, we don’t. And, I respect the fact that you hold beliefs that are different. I may wish that your beliefs will change, but I do not believe it is my business to see that they do so. Nor is it your business to see that mine do.

I do believe, however, that an honest exchange of information regarding our beliefs opens communications that cannot be held under other circumstances. I also believe those who seek God find Him: I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. (Proverbs 8:17 KJV) And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:13 KJV)

There are many countries where tolerance, diversity and communication are not offered (or, in some cases, allowed) between believers. I do pray that offering never changes in our country. May we always be free to discuss our Bible, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as the promised Messiah of the Lord God, who has promised us: And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. (John 8:32 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)