Saturday, May 17, 2008

Einstein

I’m no Einstein. No doubt about that, for a variety of reasons. While I understand a bit about E=mc2, you’ll not find me writing a treatise upon it! I respect and admire the man’s ability to think and reason.
Obviously he did not return the favor. His views on a subject very important to me have been made public, and display his poor opinion of religion. The letter outlining his disrespect was sold this past Thursday, so these views are open to the public.

Einstein’s words include "… the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are also no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them."

He also wrote “… the word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."

Thank God we do not judge by one letter toward the end of one’s life. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. (Matthew 7:2 KJV)

As a Christian, I regret his some of his conclusions, but agree with a couple of sentences regarding good and evil: "I do not believe in the God of theology who rewards good and punishes evil. My God created laws that take care of that. His universe is not ruled by wishful thinking, but by immutable laws."

While disagreeing on the worth of God’s word and its strength, I agree wholeheartedly that there are immutable laws ruling His universe.

For all this I considered in my heart even to declare all this, that the righteous, and the wise, and their works, are in the hand of God: no man knoweth either love or hatred by all that is before them. (Ecclesiastes 9:1 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)